CALM KIDS CENTRAL:
In Term 4 2018 we launched our involvement with CALM KIDS CENTRAL. After running successful parent information sessions in 2018 and 2019, Lumen Christi parents now have access to the valuable resources available online for FREE for the next twelve months.
Please contact Mrs.Holly Peterson for further information about accessing this terrific resource.
The Healthy Together Initiative offers our school the opportunity to be part of this Victorian Government program created to support health and wellbeing initiatives within schools and community groups. Lumen Christi is actively involved in the Achievement Program where we develop policies and procedures to boost the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and all community members.
NATIONAL CHILD PROTECTION WEEK:
Lumen Christi actively promotes through staff development, classroom activities and parent communication forums the terrific work highlighted during National Child Protection Week. We encourage families to take the time to explore the parenting resources available all year round at www.napcan.org.au
National Child Protection Week – Play Your Part
“Child abuse and neglect is preventable. If we all work together as a community we can create an Australia where all children can grow up safe and well.
What role can you play in supporting children and their families?”
– Richard Cooke, CEO, NAPCAN
NAPCAN invites you to get involved with National Child Protection Week this year and play your part in creating safe and nurturing environments for all Australian children. Remember…
- By building stronger communities, we can create safer environments for children
- We all have a role to play in protecting children from harm
Overview of National Child Protection Week
- National Child Protection Week starts annually on Fathers’ Day each September
- National Child Protection Week is an opportunity for government, business and community to come together to promote the safety and wellbeing of children.
- The enduring message of National Child Protection Week is that ‘Protecting children is everyone’s business’ and urges all Australians to ‘Play Your Part’.
- A key message of the week is ‘Stronger Communities, Safer Children’. Research tells us that a strong community is important for children and helps them to thrive and be safe.
- We all have a role to play in protecting children from harm. The little things we do every day can help to create safer environments for children. For instance:
- Be kind to children and parents
- Respect young people
- Be a good role model around children
- Get involved in your local community
- Look out for signs of abuse or neglect; if you suspect something is wrong talk to an expert
- Always take reports of abuse seriously
- Avoid blame and don’t judge; instead, ask yourself what you can do to help
- Listen to the needs of children and spend time with them